SHEER KHURMA WITH RAINBOW EVAPORATED MILK
Serving - 4
From 20-40 mins
- 100 grams vermicelli
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 5 seedless dates chopped
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 3 cups Rainbow Evaporated Milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tspn cardamom powder
- Splash of rose water to taste
- Some saffron threads for colour
- Place saffron in 2 tbsp of rainbow evaporated milk and set aside to soak.
- Pan fry the vermicelli in 1 tbsp of ghee – cook this on low till it turns golden brown, remove from the pan.
- Place the dried fruit and nuts in the same pan and cook till the nuts turn golden.
- In a medium saucepan, boil the rainbow milk, condensed milk and cardamom on low till it thickens – stirring continuously – this will take 15 – 20 minutes.
- Add vermicelli and fruit and nut mixture to the milk reduction and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Add water to loosen to desired consistency.
- Garnish with more dried fruit and nuts – this can be eaten chilled of warm.