MURGH CHOLE WITH RAINBOW EVAPORATED MILK
Serving - 4
More than 40 mins
- 750 grams chicken, cut into 2 inch pieces on the bone
- 1 cup chickpeas (kabuli chane), soaked overnight and boiled
- 2½ tbsps oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsps garlic paste
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tbsp green chilli paste
- 2 tsps red chilli powder
- ½ cup tomato puree
- Salt to taste
- ½ tbsp chole masala
- ½ cup Rainbow Evaporated Milk
- Ginger strips for garnish
- 1 green chilli, cut into thin strips for garnish
- Quartered onions to serve
- Green chillies to serve
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Heat oil in a pan, add onion and sauté till golden brown.
- Add ginger paste, garlic paste, mix well and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add tomatoes and turmeric powder and mix well. Cook till tomatoes turn pulpy.
- Add green chilli paste and mix. Add red chilli powder and tomato puree and mix well. Sauté, stirring continuously, till the oil separates.
- Add chicken and mix well. Add salt and chole masala and mix.
- Add boiled chickpeas and 1¼ cups water. Mix well and cook till the chicken is cooked completely.
- Add Rainbow Evaporated Milk and mix well. Take it off the heat and transfer into a serving bowl.
- Garnish with ginger strips and green chilli strips. Serve hot with quartered onions, green chillies and lemon wedges.