MALAI KOFTA CURRY WITH RAINBOW EVAPORATED MILK
Serving - 4
More than 40 mins
- ¾ cup grated cottage cheese (paneer)
- ½ cup khoya
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of green cardamom powder
- ¼ tsp white pepper powder
- 1-2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- Raisins as required
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 tsps oil
- 1¼ cups boiled onion puree
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsps cashew nut paste
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsps yogurt
- White pepper powder to taste
- A large pinch of green cardamom powder
- 1/3 cup Rainbow Evaporated Milk
- Red capsicum strips for garnish
- Fresh coriander sprig for garnish
- To make malai kofta, take cottage cheese in a large bowl, add khoya, salt, green cardamom powder, white pepper powder, green chillies and cornflour and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into small equal portions, stuff each portion with a raisin and shape into a ball or kofta.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai, drop in the kofta sand deep fry on medium heat till golden brown and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Meanwhile to make curry, heat oilin a non-stick pan, add onion puree, mix well and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic paste and ginger paste and mix well. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cashew nut paste and mix well. Sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder, mix well and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Add yogurt and mix well. Add white pepper powder and a large pinch of green cardamom powder, mix well.
- Add 3-4 tbsps water and mix well, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Rainbow Evaporated Milk and mix well. Take it off the heat.
- For serving, arrange the koftas on a serving plate, drizzle the prepared curry on top and garnish with capsicum strips and coriander sprig.