PAAL PAYASSAM WITH RAINBOW EVAPORATED MILK
Serving - 4
More than 40 mins
- 2½ cups Rainbow Evaporated Milk
- 3 tbsps kolam rice, soaked and drained
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 10-12 raisins
- 10-12 cashew nuts, halved
- A large pinch of saffron
- ¼ tsp green cardamom powder
- ½ cup palm jaggery
- Heat ghee in a deep non-stick pan; add raisins and cashew nuts and sauté till golden. Drain them on a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, add rice and Rainbow Evaporated Milk and mix well.
- Reduce heat to low, add a large pinch of saffron and mix well. Add ¼ tsp green cardamom powder and cook, stirring continuously, till the rice is completely cooked.
- Add palm jaggery and ¾ of the cashew nuts-raisins mixture and mix well. Cook on low heat, stirring continuously, till the jaggery melts completely. Take the pan off the heat.
- Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with the remaining cashew nuts-raisins mixture. Serve warm.